Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steve

What do I say?  

His influence on me and on how I do things, how I teach, interact and work, is distinctly visible in how I live my daily life.  

It's not simply possessions - possessions only carry a person so far - it's a way of thinking, of looking at things, a elegant simplicity, and a demand of excellence.  It's a lifestyle, a philosophy, an idea.

He was a unique individual, a visionary, a pioneer, a genius and possibly a tyrant.  He didn't know me, nor I, him.  But he understood my goals and how I wanted to reach them.  

He changed the world.

Steve Jobs.  1955-2011.  

Things will not be the same without him.


"You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."

1 comment:

  1. I was sadder than I thought I'd be at his passing...... I guess because of what you say: the way his ideas have changed the way we live.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? I appreciate every single one and try to reply to each. Unless you're a no-reply commenter. Then I can't. And I have a little sad moment. Like a dropped ice cream cone. So if you're a no-reply commenter and have a question, check the comment thread and I'll try to reply there. :-)