I have a schwhack of thanks to hand out. (Yep, it's a word. Okay, it's a collection of sounds...)
1) A HUGE thank you to everyone who nominated/voted for my quilt, Homespun, in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival!! I'm flattered and humbled to have won Favourite Scrap Quilt. And totally floored! Thanks so much!
2) Thanks to Rita at Red Pepper Quilts who had a giveaway and FabricSpot for the fat quarter bundle, which arrived already! Karen at FabricSpot is lovely, they're set up in Ontario, the selection is great and her shipping rates are awesome. Go check it out! I'll wait.
3) Thanks for all the well-wishes over my cold - I'm feeling much better now. :-)
I did manage to get some sewing done this week, most of which I can't show. Then there's the sewing tool case which I made from some of the leftovers. Or rather, two sewing tool cases. The first did not turn out well, not because the pattern wasn't good (it's a great pattern), but because of decisions I made during the process. I share it now in the interests of transparency and to stop anyone from getting the impression that I know what I'm doing all the time. Ha!
|I'm embarrassed by how badly this turned out... The case and the photo.|
It was lumpy, and in failing to take some measures to ensure proper seams, I missed the top pocket fabric in the seam and had a sloppy fix. Also, since I was using patchwork, the seams pulled when I turned the case right side out and looked awful.
Now, if you've been by here at all before, you've probably figured out that I'm a very stubborn little thing and despite being beaten by a pattern, a recipe, or series of mistakes. So naturally, I tried again, with some changes.
1) I used patchwork leftovers for only the front pocket and back fabric. The rest I used scraps of solids.
2) I trimmed and made sure all my fabric layers were matched up after every step.
Much happier with my mulligan. I used this pattern which I found via The Sometimes Crafter.